Friday, December 31, 2010

Vitamin D3 Assists in Weightloss

     I have been researching vitamin suppliments that my Nurse Practitioner had suggest I take to assist me in boosting my weightloss.  This post is going to focus on what I have learned about vitamin D and the rule it plays in assisting weighloss. It is unanamous from everything I read that overwieght people have better success in losing weight when their vitamin D levels are increased.  Reasearch in weightloss studies are not sure if Vitamin D deficieincy causes obesity or if obesity causes Vitamin D deficiency.  It is obvious that there is a clear connection between the two.    
     Vitamin D in conjunction with calcuim and sunlight, helps to property assimilate food and regulate normal blood sugar levels.  When there is a lack of calcuim, often because of a Vitamin D difficeincy, the body incresed production of synthase, a fatty acid enzyme that coverts calories into fat.  Sunlight intiates the production of Vitamen D3 naturally in the body.  If sunlight is not available then  supplements are required.  Vitamin D3 is a biological active form of vitamin D.
     The recommended amount of Vitamin D3 supplements is 200 IU daily.  My nurse practitioner suggested 400 IU s i have elected to take her advise and stick with 400 IU.  I picked up a bottle of Vitamin D# at Dollar General for about $5.00.  I figured what the heck, what do I have to lose.  
 



  




 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog and found it very informative. I will be joining you on losing the extra pounds and this blog will help to encourage me to accomplish it.

    ReplyDelete